Monday, November 1, 2010

Come Back Home with 30 Days of Truth

Well why not? I haven't posted in over a year so November 1st seems like a good day as any to start a comeback. And with the meme theme of 30 Days of Truth, it may be time to be honest with you and myself about a few things. Even more fitting - today's theme is: What I Hate About Myself. Easy. So let's dispense with what I have been up to since last October and blah, blah, blah (and no, I did not go and have a baby) and get on with the matter at hand.

Day One of Thirty Days of Truth - Something I Hate About Myself

This blog is a prime example: I am all ideas with a huge lack of follow through. There you have it. I have plans, goals and a list of things that must be done. But I just don't get them done. Why is that? I can blame the kids, the laundry, the driving, the cooking and all the other chores but the fact of the matter is, I am missing the gene that carries motivation. Clearly. Oh it's not like my kids are running around naked in filth (all the time, that is). I do get my most basic chores accomplished but usually because there is a deadline or some undesirable consequence. Must get kids to school, must get underwear washed, must buy groceries, must pay bills... You get the idea. But those other things that I want to do? They often just don't happen. I can make the time. I often just don't. Or I allow myself to get distracted by other things I think I need or want to do more.

To put it simply, I am lazy. And I am so frustrated with myself for that. (Ouch, it hurts me to read that in black and white.)

So what do you hate about yourself? Play along with us. Marty has a great explanation here and now that I remember how to even access my blog, I'll be attempting to pour out the honesty daily. If I can get over my lazy self, of course.


@sweetbabboo said...

Love it and so glad to "see" you again. I'm seriously in the same place. I have all sorts of project ideas and things I'm dying to do except when I'm not which is most evenings and preschool days.


Marty said...

I'm so glad to see you again too.

I wonder if it isn't so much "lazy" as it is that as SAHMs we lack the long term and reward reaping goals that we had in the workplace.

I mean, feeding and clothing children is great and all, but it's a short term and daily goal that doesn't really get us anywhere - you know what I mean?

I have a hard time not having identifiable long term goals . . .

1blueshi1 said...

Ugh. This one is striking home with me. I have 2 giant cardboard moving boxes that need to be dealt with, and I just don't want to do it. I WANT to want to, but every day Guy goes off to work and the kids go off to school...and there I am, parked in front Say Yes To The Dress, watching the slaves peel my grapes...hahaha

jewellers said...

Love the post, 30 days is testing. Says more about me unfortunately.