Monday, November 1, 2010

Come Back Home with 30 Days of Truth

Well why not? I haven't posted in over a year so November 1st seems like a good day as any to start a comeback. And with the meme theme of 30 Days of Truth, it may be time to be honest with you and myself about a few things. Even more fitting - today's theme is: What I Hate About Myself. Easy. So let's dispense with what I have been up to since last October and blah, blah, blah (and no, I did not go and have a baby) and get on with the matter at hand.

Day One of Thirty Days of Truth - Something I Hate About Myself

This blog is a prime example: I am all ideas with a huge lack of follow through. There you have it. I have plans, goals and a list of things that must be done. But I just don't get them done. Why is that? I can blame the kids, the laundry, the driving, the cooking and all the other chores but the fact of the matter is, I am missing the gene that carries motivation. Clearly. Oh it's not like my kids are running around naked in filth (all the time, that is). I do get my most basic chores accomplished but usually because there is a deadline or some undesirable consequence. Must get kids to school, must get underwear washed, must buy groceries, must pay bills... You get the idea. But those other things that I want to do? They often just don't happen. I can make the time. I often just don't. Or I allow myself to get distracted by other things I think I need or want to do more.

To put it simply, I am lazy. And I am so frustrated with myself for that. (Ouch, it hurts me to read that in black and white.)

So what do you hate about yourself? Play along with us. Marty has a great explanation here and now that I remember how to even access my blog, I'll be attempting to pour out the honesty daily. If I can get over my lazy self, of course.

4 comments:

@sweetbabboo said...

Love it and so glad to "see" you again. I'm seriously in the same place. I have all sorts of project ideas and things I'm dying to do except when I'm not which is most evenings and preschool days.

-Abby

canape said...

I'm so glad to see you again too.

I wonder if it isn't so much "lazy" as it is that as SAHMs we lack the long term and reward reaping goals that we had in the workplace.

I mean, feeding and clothing children is great and all, but it's a short term and daily goal that doesn't really get us anywhere - you know what I mean?

I have a hard time not having identifiable long term goals . . .

1blueshi1 said...

Ugh. This one is striking home with me. I have 2 giant cardboard moving boxes that need to be dealt with, and I just don't want to do it. I WANT to want to, but every day Guy goes off to work and the kids go off to school...and there I am, parked in front Say Yes To The Dress, watching the slaves peel my grapes...hahaha

jewellers said...

Love the post, 30 days is testing. Says more about me unfortunately.