Friday, June 13, 2008

Fifteen Years in a Nutshell

What, two posts in one day?! Is this Susie’s blog? Why, yes, it is. I have been tagged for a meme, thank you Canape. So here it is, the last 15 years of my life summed up in a nutshell. Let’s see, 15 years ago brings us back to 1993... {insert wavy, blurry lines here}

1993 –This was the summer I started grad school and got engaged. I lived in Boston and worked as a live-in nanny all while having classes, a job and an internship.

1994 – I graduated from grad school, got married, and moved to Kentucky. There I worked a variety of jobs until I finally landed my first job in my chosen career.

1997 – I came to North Carolina for what I thought was my dream job.

1999 – This is the year that I became a Mom. This is also the year that I had my last night of restful sleep.

2002 – I gave birth to my second son. My husband was laid off from one job and started a new one. We bought a new house and moved. Did I say 2002? That was actually just December of that year.

2003 – After a valiant effort to maintain our working schedule of my husband working days and my working nights with two kids (one of whom would not take a bottle and would starve himself until I came home), I left my job to stay home with my kids and re-evaluate my life.

2005 – I seriously thought about going back to work by applying and interviewing for jobs. Then I realized that I was not cut out for balancing the kid’s school schedules, childcare and my own job. So instead, I started my own business. And then, surprise, I’m pregnant!

2006 – I gave birth to my third son. I tried to paint everything pink until I finally accepted the fact that I live in a frat house. Seriously, even the dog has a penis.

2007 – The year I home-schooled. There is a post about this coming when the symptoms of post-traumatic stress subside.

2008 – This is the year that I decided to take my blog obsession to a pro-active level by launching my own. You can learn more about me by reading my inaugural post.

Now I tag the lovely Elena at 1blueshi1 (obviously), Susan at Toddler Planet, Stacy at the Land of K.A. (because the only thing I know about her is that she takes really beautiful pictures), Karen at For The Love of Pete (because I once left her a really nice comment but on someone else’s blog), and anyone else who would like to chime in on this one.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Ooh, this is a good meme, right up my alley! I am totally cracking up at the I once left her a really nice comment on someone else's blog. What did the comment say? Do you remember? I started reading you awhile back and I commented and still want to know if your kids are really named after Rory Gilmore's boyfriends? Not that theres anything wrong with that as I LOVE the Gilmore Girls!

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Very cool! Thanks for doing this.

I did learn a lot.

And your frat house is cracking me up.

whymommy said...

PTS from homeschooling? Oh, do tell. Wait. I'll go sign my kid up for kindergarten first. Okay, now I want to hear all about it....

(Luv from another frat house mom. The teenage years are gonna be something, aren't they?)

Karen said...

My meme is up!
Come on over and leave a nice comment on my blog this time. Hee hee!

Stacy said...

You'll have to give me a little time...I'll around behind on another meme from about 2 months ago! ;)

Very interesting...and love that frat house comment. :)